I’m the kind of person who makes elaborate plans for summer, and once it rolls around, I never seem to amount of anything. I finished college in April, and all I have done since is go to the gym, lie in bed, and watch Keeping up with the Kardashians. So maybe, blogging about it will make me feel more obliged to do things. I decided to create a student Summer Bucket List to make the most of the sunny season.
My Summer Bucket List:
- Visit friends from college: Going to college means befriending people from all over the country and three months is a long time apart, so I’m up for the road trips… I hope people’s couches are open.
- Learn Languages: I did Irish and Spanish in Secondary School and, upon leaving, felt it would be a shame to forget them, so I briefly took up Duolingo as a New Years’ Resolution I didn’t keep. I’m not saying I want to become fluent (because I realistically won’t), but I intend to find some way of preserving what I do know and hopefully building on that.
- Become Black Widow: I love Natasha Romanoff and want to be her. I’m keeping up being active over the summer and try to get to the gym at least four days a week – whenever I don’t feel like going; I remind myself of how badass she is. Knowing how to defend myself is empowering, and I feel safer out and about.
- Write, write, write: I intend to blog about all of these things as I do them and want to get a few articles published (on lord knows what) and write more poetry* and stories. I particularly want to work on a story that I intend on turning into a novel, so here’s to hoping the writer’s block stays away.
- Educate myself: I don’t feel overly informed on the likes of history and politics. Sure, they may sound a tad boring, but knowledge is power after all. I love knowledge, so I want to spend the summer learning and preventing my brain from turning to mush.
- Irish Writers Trip: This is a trip a friend and I came up with last year but never actually went on. It entails visiting places famous Irish writers are from or associated with, such as The Frank McCourt Museum in Limerick, Coole Park in Galway for W.B. Yeats, and the Oscar Wilde statue in Dublin.
- Get inked: I already have a tattoo that I got two years ago; I think it’s time for more, so I am beyond excited to get new ink over the summer. I’d love to be covered in tattoos one day, for it’s one at a time for now.
- Spread Kindness: Again, a plan from ages ago that never happened. The idea was to leave nice messages on sticky notes around town, so this shouldn’t prove too difficult.
What’s on your summer bucket list? Is yours more of a student’s summer bucket list like mine?
*my own book.
5 thoughts on “Summer Bucket List For A Student”
This is such a lovely idea to make sure you keep busy over summer! I particularly like your idea of leaving sticky notes around town to spread kindness! x
Han | lifewithhan.blog